Re: 9 Things that will disappear in your lifetime.
- From: d@xxxxxxxxxxx (d.)
- Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2011 21:40:16 GMT
momarch <momarch45@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
6. MusicListen to a live audio show:
This is one of the saddest parts of the change story. The music
industry is dying a slow death. Not just because of illegal
downloading. It's the lack of innovative new music being given a
chance to get to the people who would like to hear it. Greed and
corruption is the problem. The record labels and the radio
conglomerates are simply self-destructing. Over 40% of the music
purchased today is "catalogue items," meaning traditional music that
the public is familiar with. Older established artists. This is also
true on the live concert circuit. To explore this fascinating and
disturbing topic further, check out the book, "Appetite for Self-
Destruction" by Steve Knopper, and the video documentary, "Before the
Live music 6 days a week 12 noon -1 pm. A great majority of it
new music. Americana, bluegrass, blues, and a smattering of just
about all genres except rap.
Lots of talented young singer/songwriters.
Rerunning old shows all day today. A good taste of the live shows.
A great station to listen to all day every day.
- Prev by Date: Is short-term market rally over?
- Next by Date: Re: 9 Things that will disappear in your lifetime.
- Previous by thread: Is short-term market rally over?
- Next by thread: Re: 9 Things that will disappear in your lifetime.