Re: GMAC getting more of our money

on 12/30/09 6:54 PM DraggonFodder said the following:
Don't think it will help much. Guess the Unions will get most of the
money but GM isn't doing well and won't under government control.
Really sad.

DraggonFodder
Buying a Ford, at least they aren't in the government welfare line.

Bailing out a private equity firm with US taxpayer money. Let's lock and load and storm Congress!!!!

  • Re: an "efficient" mobile home?
    ... >>buying that trailer. ... You can save a ton of money doing major ... the super-efficient house. ... all the land right up to the interstate that separates my land from ...
    (misc.rural)
  • Re: General Motors Board Weighs Bankruptcy Option: Report
    ... the economy can ill afford those effects. ... it hampered their cash flow when they needed that cash flow to support ... Ford, OTHO, made no such bad decision and planned for the long term bu ... GM needs the money for its cash flow, ...
    (soc.retirement)
  • Re: ?Replace a Mac Pro G5 with What? (on a budget)
    ... If the Library can find the money, I'd like it to move to more ... If the budget allows, I think an iMac is the thing. ... of buying a new Mac for the graphics workstation is that the current G5 ... We might try to run CS4 on the new Mac and not immediately upgrade to ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Re: General Motors Board Weighs Bankruptcy Option: Report
    ... Chapter 11 will have disastrous effects on the economy at a time that the economy can ill afford those effects. ... Ford, OTHO, made no such bad decision and planned for the long term bu taking its lumps over the past two years. ... GM needs the money for its cash flow, since the Cerebus deal removed 49% of GMAC from GM control. ... You paid $2000 more for your Prius because that vehicle doesn't include UAW negotiated benefits, but instead of pricing it lower to pass along those savings to the consumer, Toyota priced it competitively with other domestic models, and just shipped that $2000 extra right back to Japan, where it WON'T be spent in the American economy, and where it WON't be used to increase our GDP, and where it WON'T be available for a domestic company to spend that money for research in AMERICA. ...
    (soc.retirement)
  • Re: Changing the face of MMORPG - was Who sells gold the cheapest
    ... state that buying gold does devalue the currency, although it seems intuitive that it would. ... The money has to exist in order to be able to sell it. ... economy long before they sell it. ...
    (alt.games.warcraft)