Re: OK Dirtbag, here's your chance.........

Lubow wrote on 10/26/09 10:15 AM:

On Oct 26, 9:17 am, Blash <bla...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
shortT wrote on 10/25/09 9:34 PM:

I guess the problem could be my Linux based browser in a Windows only
world.

Buy a Mac.....

The operating system in a Mac is heavily influenced by/copied from BSD
which, like Linux, is a UNIX-like operating system. Think of it as
the relationship between Neanderthals and Cro-Magnons.

I like to think of it as BSD being the Neanderthals and Linux being
the Cro-Magnons but that's only my opinion based on the $billions IBM
and HP have poured into Linux while BSD gets hardly any dough in
comparison.

That's too complicated for a little country boy like me.......
I bought an Apple in 1985 and have only used their products since......
I've NEVER read a manual on a computer OR a program, nor have I ever had one
crash.......
WHAT MORE COULD YOU WANT???

  • Re: APL is Alive & Well V/S APL Needs to learn
    ... And I suppose you know about Linux, BSD and the likes, don't you? ... selecting an operating system. ... But I can't see how to make the model work for APL language ...
    (comp.lang.apl)
  • General Unix Learning
    ... nothing really in detail about the actual operating system or installation. ... I have considered FreeBSD & Linux, but really, for a desktop system do you ... Normally I'd take my own advice (if you want to use BSD, use BSD, if you want ...
    (freebsd-newbies)
  • Re: OK Dirtbag, heres your chance.........
    ... The operating system in a Mac is heavily influenced by/copied from BSD ... I like to think of it as BSD being the Neanderthals and Linux being ... the Cro-Magnons but that's only my opinion based on the $billions IBM ...
    (misc.invest.stocks)
  • Re: OK Dirtbag, heres your chance.........
    ... The operating system in a Mac is heavily influenced by/copied from BSD ... I like to think of it as BSD being the Neanderthals and Linux being ... the Cro-Magnons but that's only my opinion based on the $billions IBM ...
    (misc.invest.stocks)
  • Re: Commercial Distribution?
    ... FreeBSD is an Operating System, ... Just as linux distributions do. ... *BSD uses a fairly significant amount of GNU and GPL licensed ... I thought Alan Cox of Linux kernel fame ...
    (freebsd-questions)