Re: AAA Response Time

yeah I've always had very good response time with them in the past. This is the first time it ever took over 30 minutes for me I do believe.

Shawn Hirn wrote:
In article <43F7B3DF.6020905@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Carolyn <momarch27959nospammywhammy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The ONE thing NOT to do while waiting 97 minutes for AAA:
think about that big slurpee you just finished and how much you really need to pee!

The last time I needed AAA service was about six months ago when I was parked at a restaurant. A friend and I just finished dinner and my car refused to start. I called AAA and they took my cell phone and I asked them to call me a couple of minutes prior to arrival. Then my friend and I went shopping at a couple of stores in the area.

The call taker said it would be an hour before AAA arrived. At about the 50 minute mark, my friend and I decided to walk back to my car. Just as I got there, my cell phone rang and I was told an AAA service person would be there shortly. Before I could click off the power button on my cell phone, the AAA guy had arrived! About ten minutes later, I was on my way.

Seems like reasonably good service to me. This was in Northeast Philadelphia around 7:00pm one spring night.

  • Re: Working through pain
    ... I was annoyed the first time the ringing was audible. ... This means turning off the cell phone and letting ... Or an idiot brother in law kept calling about the kid's gym shoes, unaware of the funeral, or that his sister's fireman husband was on recall, and that he was finally forced by obdurate brother in lawness to leave a funeral for a dear friend, and miss the chance to say his goodbyes. ... So I turn the ring to vibrate, because I can, and I let people leave voice mail, if they wish. ...
    (rec.arts.sf.composition)
  • Re: do visiting children ever answer your phone?
    ... I do not talk on the phone much except to transact business. ... One friend of dhs calls about every ... from the telephone operator switchboard and party lines gradually ... A cell phone is often right on your person, ...
    (misc.kids)
  • Re: OT gator report
    ... P (DD's friend) at one time said he had last talked ... I did hear from my dad last night finally and everyone is okay, ... able to drive to a high point area to get cell phone servie to call me. ... shooting people over the possiblilty of getting gas, which my dad said was a ...
    (rec.crafts.textiles.quilting)
  • Re: RIP Lee
    ... ...So sorry to hear about your friend and my condolences on your loss. ... Most broken law, evah. ... Except for the law forbidding any driver to use a hand held cell phone ...
    (rec.music.gdead)