Bell South: The protection racket
- From: JBoatcapt@xxxxxxx
- Date: 29 Jul 2005 20:49:52 -0700
A few months ago I canceled my two Bell South phone lines..I had just
signed up for Cox cable internet service and had a cell phone/pda for
This week I decided to dump my cell service in favor of one home phone
line..my Sprint cell service sucked and the phone unit was only good
with Sprint, so I dumped it.
As I'm talking with the Bell South rep about the new service, she tells
me that I can subscribe to a maint. contract for only $9.50 per month.
If I don't, and I have a problem with THEIR lines, I'll pay $100 for a
service call PLUS $110 per hour to fix THEIR problem. Excuse me? They
may as well say "unless you pay this protection, you'll be put out of
business"..an old Mafia play that worked like a charm!
I paid the "protection" and I'm only waiting for Cox to introduce phone
service in my area along with the existing cable TV and internet I now
- Prev by Date: Re: company reports smaller loss than last time
- Next by Date: Re: Motley Fool "Hidden Gems" worthwhile?
- Previous by thread: Re: company reports smaller loss than last time
- Next by thread: Re: Bell South: The protection racket