Re: question about F-1 visa length

By "it may become obvious that you're only doing so to circumvent
immigration laws", I meant to add "and his F-1 extentions may end up
being denied.

olwagner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Yes, if you're on F-1 without going firther in your studies, it may
become obvious that you're only doing so to circumvent immigration
laws.

There's nothing wrong with staying on F-1 for 10 years going from
Bachelor > Master > PhD

If he's smart enough to get accepted, and willing to go thru that, he
should consider a PhD. Tution is paid, and scholarships are much more
frequent than at the Masters level.

ap wrote:
Hello,
A family member's F-1 visa will expire at end of year. He finished his
mba, and is on practical training, but didn't get H1 sponsorship.

Is it possible to re-enroll in another master's program and extend
his F-1?

Also, are there issues if someone has been on an F-1 for 8 years?

Let me know. Thanks!

  • Re: question about F-1 visa length
    ... If the I-20 is due to expire, then one must get a new I-20 ... immigration laws", I meant to add "and his F-1 extentions may end up ... There's nothing wrong with staying on F-1 for 10 years going from ...
    (misc.immigration.usa)
  • Re: question about F-1 visa length
    ... he/she wouldn't be able to travel. ... There's nothing wrong with staying on F-1 for 10 years going from ... Bachelor> Master> PhD ... A family member's F-1 visa will expire at end of year. ...
    (misc.immigration.usa)
  • Re: question about F-1 visa length
    ... Yes, if you're on F-1 without going firther in your studies, it may ... laws. ... Bachelor> Master> PhD ... frequent than at the Masters level. ...
    (misc.immigration.usa)