Want to get married and bring wife to US on H4, after applying for 485..?
- From: "Jef" <jefkorn@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: 9 Aug 2006 20:32:13 -0700
I would like to solicit your opinion/experiences on the issue of timing
on getting married.
My I 140 has been approved(Aug 7, 2006) :-) and my priority date is
current for filing I-485. Questions are:
1. When I apply for I-485, do I get the EAD right away?
2. Does the letter to get finger printed come out real quick?
3. Until what time can I add my spouse on the application so she gets
the GC at the same time I do? I am single and planning to get married
outside of USA.
4. How long can I utilize H1 status after applying for I-485 so the
spouse could benefit from H4 and hence quicker visa approval times?
Does applying for AP render H1 obsolete?
5. How long does it typically take for I 485 approval?
Please share your experiences , thanks in advance,
- Prev by Date: Employment Authorization Received, Social Security Services Will Not Issue Number
- Next by Date: London Embassy H1-B interview
- Previous by thread: Employment Authorization Received, Social Security Services Will Not Issue Number
- Next by thread: London Embassy H1-B interview