In memory of Marina Molluso

- - -

Marina, diagnosed with Insulinitis (old
name: type 1 diabetes) at the age of 14,
died on January 3, 2008, at the age of
31. This article is in commemoration of
her memory, an effort by her family to
raise funds for Diabetes Australia:

- - -
June 26, 2012

Greevale family honour the
life of their daughter
http://hume-leader.whereilive.com.au/lifestyle/story/greenvale-family-honour-the-life-of-their-daughter/
- - -

Excerpts [with inserts, not part of original
article, included in brackets]:

A GREENVALE family is uniting to find a
cure for the disease that claimed the life
of their daughter.

Maria and Guy Molluso's daughter Marina
died from ... [Insulinitis] five years ago,
leaving her family, including her two
young children, heartbroken.

But Marina's five siblings are banding
together and hosting a charity dinner in
their sister's honour, raising awareness
of the disease.

Marina was diagnosed with ... [Insulinitis]
at 14.

She developed cataracts in both eyes by
her early 20s and suffered kidney failure.

In 2006, she was hospitalised with pain
in her quad muscle, which was diagnosed
as ... [a type of High Glucose Conditions]
muscle infarction, a condition suffered by
a handful of people.

Two days after Christmas in 2007, Marina's
heart stopped and she went into a coma.

She spent seven days in intensive care
before dying on January 3 at 31.

One of her sisters, Anna Morello, said Marina
lived life as normal as possible despite jug-
gling hospital admissions with raising her
children, Julia, 14 and Marco, 10, and run-
ning her hairdressing business.

- - - end excerpts - - -

- - -
Pro-Humanist FREELOVER
C.ure I.nsulinitis A.ssociation
http://prohuman.net/cureinsulinitisassociation.htm
- - -

  • Re: Insulinitis takes life of 48-year-old Holiday World president?
    ... I've made up a few choice words for diabetes ... taught to talk about high glucose conditions since ... To persons with Insulinitis, would you rather your ... the age of 33] says the five-time Emmy-winning ...
    (alt.support.diabetes)
  • Re: Insulin Pumps -- Whats the real story?
    ... My long-lived (since the age of 5, ... on the word "diabetes" at ... having the condition of Insulinitis has resulted ... it may simply be that my personality ...
    (misc.health.diabetes)
  • In memory of Joel Connable
    ... sources had Insulinitis (old name: ... away Tuesday at the age of 39. ... His insulin pump had ... events for the Juvenile Diabetes Research ...
    (misc.health.diabetes)
  • Re: In memory of Arfa Karim
    ... Arfa died at the age of 16 due to an ... epilepsy seizure. ... Insulinitis directly relate to the dangers ... We have diabetes, he has a problem he calls insulinitis. ...
    (misc.health.diabetes)
  • Re: Miranda is one year old + bad news
    ... So sorry to see your message, Marina - why do our cat family have to age ... And not forgetting - Hippo birdies to Mir-mir! ... Deb. ...
    (rec.pets.cats.anecdotes)