Upill

- - -

Upill (that's right, you pill, not uphill,
though the route this pill would have
to follow to find its way to market,
that would definitely be an uphill
battle).

Well, when reading the following, it
sounded interesting 'til getting to the
end, and finding out each pill costs
$20 to $30. Wow, that would mean
that with 6 insulin injections per day,
my daily cost for taking pills would
be $120 to $180, and over a year,
yikes, that would be 2,190 pills, a
cost of $43,800 to $65,700.

Hey, makes the insulin pump initial
cost + maintenance costs look like
chump change, relatively speaking.

The comment at the end, regarding
the reusability of the pill, get real,
this looks like, well, let's just say,
with all the technological advance-
ments being worked on, I would
toss this in the trash, -but- ...

.... per their website, they're also
working on ultrasound patches and
implantable ultrasound:
http://zetroz.com/technology/healthcare.php

Zetroz, as unattractive as their upill
idea is, perhaps, some day, some-
thing they're working on will actually
be able to help some of us who have
one of the High Glucose Conditions,
but a upill, unless they can find a
way to dramatically reduce the cost,
not feasible.

- - -
June 25, 2012

Ultrasound pill helps the medicine
go down
http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg21428703.600-ultrasound-pill-helps-the-medicine-go-down.html
- - -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

- - -
Pro-Humanist FREELOVER
C.ure I.nsulinitis A.ssociation
http://prohuman.net/cureinsulinitisassociation.htm
- - -

  • Re: Health care and third payer psychology
    ... they don't even take *into account* ways to lower cost. ... That is NOT a trivial cost difference, ... would have been in pill form. ... I've been told by a pharmacist that cipro has a high uptake in pill form ...
    (rec.sport.football.college)
  • Re: [OT] Ping all nurses (and docs)
    ... I was referring to the cost of the pill that a hospital gives you when ... That is the current price as of last week here in Austin. ... But you must have had some sort insurance plan ... But that's still less than $1 pill as compared to the ...
    (rec.food.cooking)
  • Re: Price increase on Oxy-80s
    ... Roxicodone are about $3.00 per pill. ... Oxy-Conrtin, Roxi and Fentynal are all Brand, which costs more than generic. ... Cost now is $4,750.10. ... "Law Without Equity Is No Law At All. ...
    (alt.support.chronic-pain)
  • Re: Health Care
    ... or nobody will have any new drugs. ... Yabbut why 400-25,000% profit for seventeen years? ... What's the cost for Interferon and other AIDS ... manufacturing the second pill, which often is pennies. ...
    (rec.crafts.metalworking)
  • Re: Ive seen things you people wouldnt believe...
    ... The most likely reason for the COST difference between the cost to the ... hospital and the charged price of the bag is because they have to try ... what I was questioning was the need to give me the $15 (price ... certainly less than a dollar a pop to the hospital pill. ...
    (rec.arts.sf.fandom)