Brief Synopsis of Sugar / Saccharin / Aspartame / Sucralose

- - -

In my 51 years with Insulinitis (old
name: type 1 diabetes) from a very
young age, artificial sweeteners have
played a large role in trying to sub-
stitute for not ingesting sugar.

The following article, brief views on
some artificial sweeteners, and a brief
view on sugar.

Even though I avoid sugar-sweetened
substances most often, and have been
habituated over 51 years to avoid them,
I can assure you, the rare times when
I didn't avoid them (even rarer, now, I
suppose), I can still taste (at least, in
clear vivid memories) why many struggle
with an addiction to sugar-sweetened
substances.

Many of those substances, somewhat
akin to heaven (at least they would be
if heaven had no guilt and no adverse
consequences).

- - -
June 11, 2012

Choosing a Sugar Substitute
http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/06/11/which-sweetener-should-you-choose/
- - -

- - -
Pro-Humanist FREELOVER
C.ure I.nsulinitis A.ssociation
http://prohuman.net/cureinsulinitisassociation.htm
- - -

  • Re: Weird BG reading.
    ... vegetables than my stomach can handle. ... digestion. ... And artificial sweeteners do not raise my BG. ... telling it that sugar is being ingested. ...
    (alt.support.diabetes)
  • Re: Weird BG reading.
    ... vegetables than my stomach can handle. ... digestion. ... And artificial sweeteners do not raise my BG. ... telling it that sugar is being ingested. ...
    (alt.support.diabetes)
  • Re: Weird BG reading.
    ... And artificial sweeteners do not raise my BG. ... telling it that sugar is being ingested. ... to the stomach and digestive organs telling them to get ready to ... The stomach and other digestive organs get all ...
    (alt.support.diabetes)
  • Re: Weird BG reading.
    ... Gordon wrote: ... And artificial sweeteners do not raise my BG. ... telling it that sugar is being ingested. ... to the stomach and digestive organs telling them to get ready to ...
    (alt.support.diabetes)
  • OT: Dietitians Say Splenda Is Not the Same as Sugar
    ... Lawsuits Put New Focus on Splenda and Other Artificial Sweeteners ... National Sugar Association and Merisant Worldwide (maker of Equal brand ... McNeil Nutritionals shot back with a counter suit implying the case ...
    (sci.med.dentistry)