Re: Readings high...What meds are next?

On Mon, 10 Oct 2011 10:24:10 -0700, Fleep wrote:

Since my diagnosis of Type II in 1995, I have progressed from doing well
with exercise and diet, to gradually needing medication. My physician
has me on 10 mg of glipizide XL morning and evening, and 850 mg of
Metformin three times a day. My glucose readings are creeping up again
and I am wondering whether there are medications yet to try or whether
insulin is the next step. Any information that you can offer from your
experience will be much appreciated. Dave

How high?
What is your diet like?
Are you keeping up the exercise - amount?

Seems to me, you've probably done all you can without insulin.

  • Re: Treating Cellosis & PreCellosis with diet & exercise
    ... can be very helpful for people with diabetes! ... solely with diet & exercise and who do not need ... to use oral medications -or- insulin injections (or ...
    (alt.support.diabetes)
  • Re: Is T2 diabetes assured to get worse?
    ... able to keep my sugars at desired levels with diet and exercise. ... feeling a bit trapped in that if my situation deteriorates, ... Now that I've added Insulin I feel enormous freedom. ...
    (alt.support.diabetes)
  • Re: Greetings! New to the diabetic newsgroup!
    ... But I did sign up for diabetics classes that are held at ... insulin dosage. ... I modified my diet and the reactive hypoglycemia stopped. ... exercise, and the insulin. ...
    (alt.support.diabetes)
  • Re: Exercise fasting
    ... The Best Time to Exercise to Lose the Most Weight and Improve Insulin ... significantly lessen the ill effects of a poor holiday diet. ... contribute to maintenance of insulin sensitivity. ...
    (alt.support.diabetes)
  • Re: diabetes and hearing loss
    ... the research which says that lots of fat in the blood causes insulin ... Now see if you can find ANY research that found conclusive evidence that fat promote disease of any kind in the absence of the hormonal influences of carbs. ... I'm sure this has much to do with the Endo '99 findings that an Atkins style diet is the only intervention that achieved all lipid and glucose targets in DMs and lowered insulin requirements. ... I do not exercise that much but I make sure I do exercise at ...
    (misc.health.diabetes)