Re: Readings high...What meds are next?

On Mon, 10 Oct 2011 10:24:10 -0700, Fleep wrote:

Since my diagnosis of Type II in 1995, I have progressed from doing well
with exercise and diet, to gradually needing medication. My physician
has me on 10 mg of glipizide XL morning and evening, and 850 mg of
Metformin three times a day. My glucose readings are creeping up again
and I am wondering whether there are medications yet to try or whether
insulin is the next step. Any information that you can offer from your
experience will be much appreciated. Dave

How high?
What is your diet like?
Are you keeping up the exercise - amount?

Seems to me, you've probably done all you can without insulin.
.