omnipod insulin pump
- From: Randy Sigman <rsigman_dontspam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 16:40:29 GMT
I was wondering if anyone has used the Omnipod
insulin pump. It would appear to be a newcomer
in the market, and I'm not even sure if any have
been sold yet.
It has some unique features, among them, it does not
use tubing. The disposable insulin catheters are
installed much like a standard infusion set, but they
contain a 3 day supply of insulin. The basal level
is dispensed all day and night, and these can be worn
underwater. In order to program them, and/or to bolus,
you must use a "wi-fi" device that comes with the pump.
It also contains a meter. I don't have answers to many
questions about it, but it sure looks interesting. Here
is their site, if you're interested, and no, I do not
work for them. :)
- Prev by Date: Question for Dr. Biggs on Levemir
- Next by Date: "diabetes" as a search term: My first "Experimental" podcast!
- Previous by thread: Question for Dr. Biggs on Levemir
- Next by thread: "diabetes" as a search term: My first "Experimental" podcast!