Re: Dental cleaning and resulting infection?

"Vernon" <athere@athere> wrote in message

<awthrawthr@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

Mark Thorson wrote:
awthrawthr@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

Has anyone else noticed getting a sore throat or tonsils
or whatever right after getting your teeth cleaned?

That's a well known possibility after dental work.
I had two wisdom teeth removed a few months ago,
and suffered an very persistent low-level sore throat.
It took several weeks to clear up. It was never
as bad as the sore throat that accompanies a cold,
but it sure took a whole lot longer to go away.

At the time of the dental work, I was given
a prescription for antibiotics, which I took,
but that did not stop it from happening.

More recently, I've had a full mouth debridement
and deep root planing (a very intense form of
tooth cleaning). In this case, I was given
a liquid antibiotic to swish around my mouth
for 30 seconds. So far, that seems to have been
effective, however the amount of bacteria released
may have been much smaller.

Thanks for your reply, Mark.

So far, from what people are saying, it appears that the duration of
this infection is often quite long. Some people have noted that it took
them months to recover, or they are still being effected by it months
later. Oh joy!

Dental cleanings were always benign events...at least I thought so. And
if you don't get them, the same type of problem can occur anyway.

Right now, I'm hitting it with an array of natural products that are at
least making the congestion watery...but the infection is far from
being eliminated. In technical terms, I feel like crap.

What "I" would do.

Get some oil of Oregano (60-70% carvacrol), (don't bother with the cheap
stuff, cheap stuff, 30-40%) put 7 drops in a 1/4 shot glass of water. dump
it in your mouth, swish it in the teeth, gargle, swallow.

It is STRONG.
You will see a major difference the first day.
Morning noon and bedtime.
Dental cleaning should not be done over two times a year. Reason scrapes
away to much enamel.
Use a good electric tooth brush, don't brush too aggressively. Watch your
diet for acid items. especially sodas and sport drinks. When you eat
sweets, don't nibble all day. Have them at one time, then brush.

.