Re: 3 set routines (whole body)

In article <hobbes-C09CE0.16341321072009@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Keith <hobbes@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

In article <ompomelet-BC219D.14094821072009@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Omelet <ompomelet@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

In article <4a66110e$0$22087$afc38c87@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
"David" <forgotwhy@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Why not 1 set of 50 reps? 1 set of 100 reps?

You'd be amazed at what that can do for you...

anything you do will do something for you. it depends on your training
objectives.

True.

Like you say, it depends on your goals.
Once I trained for strength and power.

Now I train for mobility in real life... I may go back to truly trying
to build strength once I feel "right" in the real world, if you know
what I mean.

Having lost some mobility, I found I'd underestimated it's value. Sheer
strength (and/or size) means nothing if it cannot be "applied".

Interestingly enough Vasiliev Alexeyev, the great Russian
superheavyweight lifter, was known to do sets of 100 at certain times in
his training. And he was pretty much the ultimate in 'power' as a goal.

You have to change things up sometimes.

There have been some interesting articles around the 'net lately about
doing weekly or bi-monthly "hundreds" days.
--
Peace! Om

-- Anon.

recfoodrecipes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx