Re: 3 set routines (whole body)

In article <hobbes-C09CE0.16341321072009@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Keith <hobbes@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

In article <ompomelet-BC219D.14094821072009@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Omelet <ompomelet@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

In article <4a66110e$0$22087$afc38c87@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
"David" <forgotwhy@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Why not 1 set of 50 reps? 1 set of 100 reps?

You'd be amazed at what that can do for you...

anything you do will do something for you. it depends on your training
objectives.

True.

Like you say, it depends on your goals.
Once I trained for strength and power.

Now I train for mobility in real life... I may go back to truly trying
to build strength once I feel "right" in the real world, if you know
what I mean.

Having lost some mobility, I found I'd underestimated it's value. Sheer
strength (and/or size) means nothing if it cannot be "applied".

Interestingly enough Vasiliev Alexeyev, the great Russian
superheavyweight lifter, was known to do sets of 100 at certain times in
his training. And he was pretty much the ultimate in 'power' as a goal.

You have to change things up sometimes.

There have been some interesting articles around the 'net lately about
doing weekly or bi-monthly "hundreds" days.
--
Peace! Om

-- Anon.

recfoodrecipes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subscribe: recfoodrecipes-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

  • Re: 3 set routines (whole body)
    ... it depends on your goals. ... Once I trained for strength and power. ... Having lost some mobility, I found I'd underestimated it's value. ... And he was pretty much the ultimate in 'power' as a goal. ...
    (misc.fitness.weights)
  • Re: 3 set routines (whole body)
    ... objectives. ... Once I trained for strength and power. ... Having lost some mobility, I found I'd underestimated it's value. ... Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. ...
    (misc.fitness.weights)
  • Samsons Strength, sealed with the impress of Christian Temperance
    ... SAMSON'S STRENGTH ... Physical power is a proper object of desire and admiration. ... of Samson are simply amazing in their revelation of bodily power. ... so his was no common temperance. ...
    (rec.music.classical.recordings)
  • ~STRENGTHENED WITH POWER~
    ... The saint of God, however, can heartily empathize with this pro-found ... drawn from the power of God in Christ. ... know full well that to struggle in our own strength is to tilt at windmills. ... Bishop John of Beth-Seleucia was put to death in the castle of Beth-Hascita, ...
    (alt.religion.christian)
  • Re: Starting again....
    ... Playing has not only been a lot of fun in my ... keeping my chops up has always been an essential fact of life. ... pull offs - no strength in my pinkie. ... That sort of thing comes out as a sort of low-volume ...
    (rec.music.makers.guitar.acoustic)