Re: Deadlift sets?
- From: Uncle bob <06peter@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 00:10:05 -0700 (PDT)
On 20 jun, 20:36, Ray <R...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have recently been doing snatch grip deadlifts, 5 reps x 5
sets. The fifth rep on each set is an effort but I maintain form. I was
wondering if it might be more productive in terms of
strength/hypertrophy to do 3 reps with a slightly heavier weight for 10
You can gain strenght/mass with ANY set/rep range, as long as you make
progress. The ideal for mass/strength is about 5-8 reps, but 3 will
work and 10 will work. Since the deadlift is a "big" exercise, i
suggest staying within 3-6 reps.
What you are doing right now is perfect for deadlifts. Maybe you
should figure out where the weak link is. You stop at 5, but what
prevents you from doing a 6th? The lower arms or lower back?
- Prev by Date: Re: For Steve, another Moroccan recipe
- Next by Date: Re: Deadlift sets?
- Previous by thread: Why diving is not a real sport, and is for spastics
- Next by thread: Re: Deadlift sets?