"David" <forgotwhy@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

"Jason Earl" <jearl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:87wseyb881.fsf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"David" <forgotwhy@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

"Jason Earl" <jearl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

-snip-

Either way, I'm having a good time.

Good stuff Jason.

Sometimes I wish I swearing was my style. Because this really calls for
a swear word or two. Unfortunately, I am not particularly gifted in
this area. So...

You're Welcome.

Why would you feel like swearing? Swearing is great for people who
have no other means to express themselves.

That's actually a good point. Looking back over your previous responses
to my posts I realized that you don't actually swear. Your insults tend
to be along the lines of "unctuous prick." Looking back over previous
comments shows that you tend to degrade without swearing, and that your
insults tend to be colorful (and even mildly vulgar) without being
particularly crass.

All in all, that's quite an accomplishment. I'm not saying your mother
would approve, but your father probably would be impressed.

So while before I felt left out because I did not have the inclination
to swear, I now feel disappointed in myself because I clearly do not
have your obvious talent for the insult.

Please accept my apologies (sincerely). I truly appreciate the
difference between insult and swearing.

Jason

  • Re: How polite Britain became addicted to foul language
    ... THE ENGLISH ARE SUBHUMAN SCUM THAT NEEDS TO BE KILLED IMMEDIATELY!!!!!!!!!! ... The history of the extension of the use of swearing in public ... protested and thought it would lead to a coarsening not only of ... inversely proportional to the frequency of its use: a swear word used ...
    (soc.culture.british)
  • Re: recovery question
    ... to my posts I realized that you don't actually swear. ... insults tend to be colorful without being ... difference between insult and swearing. ... THEN PUT A BULLET IN YOUR HEAD, ...
    (misc.fitness.weights)
  • Re: recovery question
    ... to my posts I realized that you don't actually swear. ... insults tend to be colorful without being ... difference between insult and swearing. ... THEN PUT A BULLET IN YOUR HEAD, ...
    (misc.fitness.weights)
  • Re: recovery question
    ... to my posts I realized that you don't actually swear. ... insults tend to be colorful without being ... difference between insult and swearing. ... THEN PUT A BULLET IN YOUR HEAD, ...
    (misc.fitness.weights)
  • Re: When comes Def Leppards turn?
    ... 2010 found that Canadians swear more often than Americans and British ... Angier also notes that swearing is a widespread but perhaps ... underappreciated anger management technique; that "men generally curse ... swears and curse words tend to be more often Germanic than ...
    (rec.music.dylan)