Looking forward to some FAR better recovery

I've had maybe 4 work outs since Thanksgiving. Before then, I was back in
the best shape I'd been in since my renal failure in 1991. I was back up to
190 and had been tested at 6.5% body fat. I got Pneumonia and after dealing
with that for about 2 weeks, I got some kind of stomach bug and spent almost
another 2 weeks on the toilet. After that I'd just been dragging ass and
couldn't figure out what the problem was. My weight dropped 20 lbs and was
always tired. I went to see my pulmonary MD about 3 weeks ago to find out
about some sleeping pills. He decided to order a sleep study for me. I went
down on 2/8 and spent the night at the sleep lab. My MD's office called me
on 2/12 and had an appointment for me to get fitted for a CPAP machine on
2/15. I read my results and it turns out that I have pretty severe sleep
apnea. It is odd for someone as lean as I am, but I saw the results and
before the used the CPAP on me on the test, my O2 saturations got down to
68%!! That is frighteningly low. They are supposed to be between 92 and 98%.
I've used it 2 nights now and have not felt this good in 100 years! :-) I
talked to my kidney MD about it and he said that because of this, I should
be able to get off of 50% of my BP meds, my resting heart rate should come
way down and that my recoup time after workouts will be exponentially better
because of having so much more O2 in my system when I'm sleeping. In just 2
days, I'm thinking much more clearly and have much more desire to get things
done. My wife always told me that I snored, but she never heard me stop
breathing etc. If there is anyone out there who feels tired all the time
during he day, feels the need to take naps, falls asleep while watching TV
etc., I would look into this. I always thought this was a fat person's
problem, but they are learning more and more about it every day. I spoke to
my sister on the phone and he friend, who is just 32 and does Triathlons,
found out he had apnea and after using the CPAP machine, he times went into
3 higher categories. I'm getting a baby in my belly now and then off to the
gym after some digestion! :-) BTW, the machine is non obtrusive and just
fits over your nose and is now loud at all. My insurance pays for it 100%
too! :-)

Rob

--
Robert Schuh