Re: what's happened to MFW?

"John Hanson" <jhanson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:o6ubq3tko1aqsdakmgqtaqc92uh45tetf7@xxxxxxxxxx
On Sun, 3 Feb 2008 16:13:19 +1000, "David" <forgotwhy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote in misc.fitness.weights:

"John Hanson" <jhanson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:7ceaq3hddktf4p86lbsr3j2489bubcmt0u@xxxxxxxxxx
On Sun, 3 Feb 2008 02:10:48 +1000, "David" <forgotwhy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote in misc.fitness.weights:

We have all these people who don't use their real names - all these
strange
people asking strange questions. The old days were better. Posters are
dumber now. Maybe a moderated group would work better? Curt could be
moderator.

You forgot to mention that the new regulars are a bunch of candy-assed
losers who have never competed in a meet before. I just happened to
have returned from MN State tonight, having spotted and loaded all day
as well as helped out with the scoring system. I didn't compete this
year (I did last year where I was the first loser in my
division...sometimes referred to as second place) but I'll be in Miami
in May for Masters Nationals. I plan on heading to Key Largo right
after to do some technical scuba diving.

You're doing well - did you not compete because of the stress on your
eyes?
The pressure build up would for me be scary on some of those lifts
particularly as the years pile on.

No, just wasn't ready. I reinjured my knee a while back running
through an airport to catch a plane. I'm just now starting to go
heavy again. I went to 405 for a double two weeks ago in the squat.
Just did my first board presses in months last week.

pretty good -

Well May us not far off so good luck. Key Largo wow - the water temp
would
be right at least!

12 weeks. The water temp was 86 degrees at 135 FSW in September.

nice!

I'm
guessing it'll be around 80 in May. I'm also doing an Isle Royale
live aboard in July this year. Bottom temps will be 40 degrees there.

You've done well in a short time - I think it hasnt been a year that you
were diving right?

Another world down there
http://video.yahoo.com/video/play?vid=222311&fr=

Interesting. I wonder why they kept replaying the same video over and
over. To make the video last the same time as the song?

yeah dumb - they must have run out of video budget

  • Re: whats happened to MFW?
    ... people asking strange questions. ... Maybe a moderated group would work better? ... You're doing well - did you not compete because of the stress on your eyes? ... To make the video last the same time as the song? ...
    (misc.fitness.weights)
  • Re: whats happened to MFW?
    ... people asking strange questions. ... Maybe a moderated group would work better? ... I plan on heading to Key Largo right ... You're doing well - did you not compete because of the stress on your eyes? ...
    (misc.fitness.weights)
  • Re: whats happened to MFW?
    ... strange people asking strange questions. ... Maybe a moderated group would work better? ... Curt ... I would like to see more about workout conversation, ...
    (misc.fitness.weights)
  • Re: whats happened to MFW?
    ... Maybe a moderated group would work better? ... Curt could be ... I didn't compete this ... year (I did last year where I was the first loser in my ...
    (misc.fitness.weights)
  • Re: Numb Nuts Mason ....
    ... I sent this reply to the moderated group. ... Indeed & here is yet another video of a road user going the wrong way down a one way street. ... It would appear that the censors of that group think it is ok to post a link to a video of drivers falling foul of the law but unacceptable to post a link to a video of a cyclist breaking the law. ...
    (uk.rec.cycling)