One hour after workout,

BP 111/56--P54
[...]
Is this to low?

Maybe a hair.

Care to elaborate?

Not especially. :o)

Care to educate?

Fwiw, the following is what encouraged my "Maybe a hair" response:

http://www.vaughns-1-pagers.com/medicine/blood-pressure.htm aka
http://tinyurl.com/bj6do

Which is a good example why the internet has not replaced people named
"Doctor".

From your "Care to elaborate?" reply, I take it that the two numbers
must be looked at as a unit? Engine and caboose. I was simply
comparing Burr's Diastolic with the chart available at the link above.
Burr's Diastolic was noted as 56 while the chart indicates anything
under 60 mm as "Low" pressure.

Cohen, do the Systolic and Diastolic have to be looked at as a unit?
In which case 90/60 would be low while Burr's 111/56 is a-okay?

Not necessarily.

Again, care to educate?

Not really. Briefly, systolic and diastolic pressures each have individual
significances, significance when compared together, significance as to the
relative difference between the two, and...most importantly, which looking
it up on the internet can't do...significance when examined in relationship
to the patient's clinical condition.

Assuming "Burr" is a relatively healthy, young to middle aged, person with
no significant underlying disease, then his 1 hour post workout vital signs
are just fine. Not "maybe a hair too low".

My bill is in the mail.

David

  • Re: Sarah Palin is getting rich....
    ... being temporarily dirty from doing some sort of work ... may be to cover up a weak chin. ... Much of what people do about hair is mysterious to me, ... Certainly it is the easiest to care for. ...
    (soc.retirement)
  • Re: Well, I asked for it! (OT and long)
    ... I did wash her hair for her last week. ... and the bath chair and the bath grip to help her in and out... ... And fortunate too that she has you to take care of her physically. ... I also agree that it is wise to get some professional help for some of her mother's needs. ...
    (rec.pets.cats.anecdotes)
  • Re: HIPAA law?
    ... the Privacy Rule generally allows a parent to have access to the ... medical records about his or her child, as his or her minor child’s personal ... 1.When the minor is the one who consents to care and the consent of the ... I had Angela linked to my chart as family. ...
    (alt.support.diabetes)