Advice on Cardio Routine and Fitness Bands

Hi all,

I'm new to the group, and I need some advice regarding my new workout
routine that I got from a video a friend of mine had from Muscle &
Fitness using Fitness Bands, and also working out on my recumbent
stationary bike.

First, I'm a 39 year old male, and I have medical problems with my feet,
and legs. I can't stand or run, or lift heavy objects for any extended
period of time. I live in a catch 22 world, so to speak, and that is if I
don't keep active, then my legs will atrophie, and if I do too much, then
I will lose the ability to stand or walk exponentially as the days of
activity progress. I have to work in an envelope of activity...hence, the
weight gain.

Anyway, I have just started using the Fitness Bands, and the workout is
surprisingly challenging, quick, and thus far, effective. I have modified
it to take into account my medical issues, but I'm confident that if I
keep at it that I will increase my muscle mass, and hopefully reduce my
fat.

Has anyone had any experience using the bands, and can you give me any
tips?

Also, I have a recumbent stationary bike, but I don't know the proper
workout in order to maximize my fat burning. I've heard that distance
with little resistance is the best way to burn fat, but I've also heard
that a really high intensity work out is best for fat burning. I really
need some guidance here.

Thanks in advance.

Tim

Here is the routine that I do every day with the bands:

Squats
Chest Press
Seated Row
Shoulder Press
Biceps Curl
Overhead Tricep Extensions
Crunches

  • Re: Rest between workouts for specific muscle groups
    ... excercise routine since then has taken me a lot less time in the ... workout attempts failed was that they were too easy to skip. ... You might be able to get bigger and meet those deadlifting goals at ... I am glad that you clued me in to using 1 arm swings though. ...
    (misc.fitness.weights)
  • Re: My On-line Exercise Journal
    ... > Working out's more fun with workout buddies. ... I don't go too heavy on the weight. ... > This is normally my Wednesday routine, but I bought one of those big ... > My new routine plan will be the gym on M and F for serious upper body ...
    (alt.support.diabetes)
  • Re: My On-line Exercise Journal
    ... > Working out's more fun with workout buddies. ... > This is normally my Wednesday routine, but I bought one of those big ... > didn'tknow if working out with weights two days in a row, ... > My new routine plan will be the gym on M and F for serious upper body ...
    (alt.support.diabetes)
  • Re: Rest between workouts for specific muscle groups
    ... but it introduced me to being in the gym for a long ... excercise routine since then has taken me a lot less time in the ... workout attempts failed was that they were too easy to skip. ... And if you are not a bodybuilder, such "lots of isolation exercises" ...
    (misc.fitness.weights)
  • My On-line Exercise Journal
    ... Working out's more fun with workout buddies. ... This is normally my Wednesday routine, but I bought one of those big ... balls and a friend lent me her DVD of a big ball workout video, ... My new routine plan will be the gym on M and F for serious upper body ...
    (alt.support.diabetes)