OTMy nutrition quest

Ok, I've been asking around, looking around, reading around for a "way of
eating" that fits better with my level of activity, so I don't faint while
working out. I've also taken a good look (after suggestions from various
places) at my workout schedule.

I've found a few things:

I wasn't eating enough, I was eating plenty but not "fuel foods" I added a
lot of grains (barley, brown rice, bulgur) and a upped my intake of lean
proteins a bit (fish, beef, chicken, pork) I strongly limited the empty
sugary stuff (which I wasn't eating a lot of already, but cleaned it up even
more)

I was eating too much "pre-made" stuff, I've been cooking a lot more,
healthy yummy meals, so I'm satisfied and not hungry 5 minutes after my
meal. I know some agree some don't, but I've cutted the canned foods and the
frozen pre-made meals to cut down on all the chemicals n sodium.

Workout-wise, I've taken a few days off to rest and re-started in a more
sensible manner. I'm not training for the olympics, so I upped my cardio and
lowered my weights a little (ain't giving it up though !). That way I work
out less often, but my workouts are much more effective, because I'm not too
tired to do anything, and I'm enjoying them a lot more (which helps with the
"stick-to-it-iveness")

I'm feeling great, I loooooooove my workouts.. oh.. and I lost 4 lbs. (which
puts me back to my "goal weight") Main thing though is that I thought I
would share since some beginners out here might be making the same mistakes
I did so... well.. if it helps fine, if not, I've tried !!

;o)
Will~

  • Re: length of time between meals?
    ... the length of time between meals. ... Eating, exercise, and "thrifty" genotypes: connecting the dots toward an evolutionary understanding of modern chronic diseases. ... In this context, we postulate that perhaps a crucial mechanism to break the stall of the metabolic processes would be via exercise through the regulation of "physical activity genes," some of which may also be potential candidates for the "thrifty genes" of our hunter-gatherer ancestors. ... Effect of intermittent fasting and refeeding on insulin action in healthy men. ...
    (alt.support.diabetes)
  • Re: In case U missed my Goodbye thread.. all my best everyone..
    ... Dmitri's "pulse eating" thing seems to be working fairly well for ... Duper Eat Once A Day Plan." ... Basically, I got tired of keeping track of a quadzillion meals a day, ... getting a normal kbell there as well), but I am glad I didn't. ...
    (misc.fitness.weights)
  • Re: How To Bulk Up and Eat Healthy?
    ... Vitamins for day, take multi's any point, b& zinc after eating if seperate. ... maybe the meat equivalent of a small ... 2:30-3pm - same(I'd go with meals personally, ... Put rice on plate, toss ...
    (rec.martial-arts)
  • Re: Honest carb question
    ... The state of my T2 prevents me from even eating raw green beans. ... I put these in a salad, my BG will rise after the meal. ... you need to know when your BGs go back to your target range. ... control over your BGs after meals, ...
    (alt.support.diabetes)
  • Re: Honest carb question
    ... The state of my T2 prevents me from even eating raw green beans. ... I put these in a salad, my BG will rise after the meal. ... control over your BGs after meals, ... My doctor may accept a high BG reading and figure that it doesn't do much damage. ...
    (alt.support.diabetes)