Oil Can Henrys 60.00 oil change

My wife took our little Vtech Honda to an Oil Can Henry's yesterday.

They changed the oil and made some detailed notes
on things they found.

One thing they did that caught my attention -

They charged 60 dollars for an "older car oil change".

I see that they slightly over filled the oil, but what is an "older
car oil change?"

She seems to think its a special oil by Castrol.
Even if the oil was 6.00 / qt. I don't get 60 dollars.

any ideas?

  • Re: Car oil vs MC oil - the battle rages locally
    ... cluthc due to the higher detergent content of car oil. ... cyclinder getting way hotter on air-cooled sport bikes than the front ... If the only thing you're concerned about is the clutch, just use the auto oil and take your chances. ...
    (rec.motorcycles)
  • Re: Car oil in a bike.
    ... an oil change..... ... >> on car oil? ... > Yup - except for the Duke. ... >> bike oil, and everything that I can do to keep it running as Taglioni ...
    (uk.rec.motorcycles)
  • Re: Car oil in a bike.
    ... You didn't include the cost of any tools(even a ... I didn't factor in the oil change. ... > Confirm this - are you saying that a bike for which the manufacturer ... I've used car oil in just about ...
    (uk.rec.motorcycles)
  • Re: Car oil in a bike.
    ... > bike oil, and everything that I can do to keep it running as Taglioni ... >> don't believe that using an oil spec'd for cars is the major sin it's ... So run your Duke on car oil if it's no sin. ...
    (uk.rec.motorcycles)
  • Re: Car oil vs MC oil - the battle rages locally
    ... cluthc due to the higher detergent content of car oil. ... "detergent technology" is present in both the car and V-Twin ... on a bike to slip, but I stay away from those ratings that explicity ...
    (rec.motorcycles)