Re: What to do after bouncing a check?

On Sep 12, 7:07 pm, Ed Roberts Jr <edrobert...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

What should I do now? My phone number is on the check but nobody has
called yet. Should I take some cash by PJ's, enough to cover the check
plus a service fee ($20?), or should I wait until PJ's contacts me?

If it were an individual in a local business that you know, I'd
suggest going by and talking to the business owner.
However, with a chain (or franchise, or whatever) I'd wait a bit. If
it just happened within the last few days, they probably haven't been
notified by the bank where they deposited it yet, and anyone beyond
the bookkeeper or owner probably won't have a clue of what to do. I
would imagine that someone in some corporate office will contact you
by mail as soon as they recieve notification from their bank.

Now I can't help but say it...why would you write a check in a
pizzeria?

  • Re: OT Online banking rant
    ... I went to cash a check written to me from a local business. ... In my experience the megabanks are crappy and the small banks understand ... When I got exiled to this town 30 years ago, I signed on with the credit union at work with my first paycheck, because the 'real' bank near my apartment said there would be a 10-day hold. ...
    (alt.home.repair)
  • Re: OT Online banking rant
    ... I went to cash a check written to me from a local business. ... Wells Fargo is undoubtedly the worst bank I have ever conducted business ...
    (alt.home.repair)