Re: Finding 1 cent items on Amazon.com?

On Jul 8, 2:57 am, balanc...@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
On Jul 6, 9:42 am, Abe <n...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

There are times when I buy an item from amazon.com that costs 24.99,
and I need to add a 1 cent item to get to $25, and free super saver
shipping.

DING DING DING DING!!!! !!!!!CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! You have just
stumbled on a cheesy tactic well
known and used amongst companies everywhere. They make it hard, if not
impossible to get that free
shipping spending only $25 flat, so they get a few extra cents or
dollars out of their customers trying to
take advantage of the free shipping offer.

Yeah, we should force Amazon to just eliminate the free shipping offer
altogether. That'll show 'em!!!

  • Re: Finding 1 cent items on Amazon.com?
    ... and I need to add a 1 cent item to get to $25, and free super saver ... DING DING DING DING!!!! ... shipping spending only $25 flat, so they get a few extra cents or ... or an Amazon search query that I haven't thought of? ...
    (misc.consumers)
  • Re: Finding 1 cent items on Amazon.com?
    ... and I need to add a 1 cent item to get to $25, and free super saver ... shipping spending only $25 flat, so they get a few extra cents or ... Yeah, we should force Amazon to just eliminate the free shipping offer ...
    (misc.consumers)
  • Re: maple syrup
    ... 2001 4 packages of Oreos to Scotland cost me $32... ... Yeah, Shipping is always the killer isn't it? ... as maple syrup does freeze well. ...
    (misc.kids)
  • Re: OT: Some will be happy to see this
    ... about £20 when shipping is included). ... Yeah, I'd searched fully by that point - and I tend to look at places like ... acceptable price to trial a TV series. ... When it arrives, ...
    (rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated)
  • Re: recycling steel
    ... Yeah, that's good. ... $3/pound delivered is what I expect to pay. ... Sometimes they offer big discounts to their e-mail list, ... check shipping to your area, but you'll probably find that the ...
    (rec.crafts.metalworking)