Re: Vacation Help/Suggestions?

In article <1151119906.973282.214400@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
tforms1@xxxxxxxxx says...
I forgot to mention, friend #1 and I are in NY.
Friend #2 is in Atlanta.

So far we are thinking:
1. Washington DC - we can explore, go to the Smithson...errr however
you spell it.

DC is a fabulous place for a short vacation. $1500 should get a
nice hotel and enough cash for three for 3-5 days, particularly in
the summer (congress not in session = no lobbyists in hotels).
Find a hotel near the Metro (or whatever they call it). Do *not*
drive around the city.

2. Friend #1 is thinking Chicago - Sears Tower, some famous IMAX place,
and other stuff.

There is an IMAX theater in the National Air and Space Museum (one
of the Smithsonian museums along the mall). Plan on at least a day
at the NASM. ;-)

--
Keith

  • Wash. D.C Rally wrt Cyberstalking et al 10/08/05
    ... UPDATE ON WASHINGTON D. C. RALLY ... One hotel is two miles ... The hotel is 21 miles from D. C. ... offers shuttle service to and from the airport. ...
    (sci.psychology.psychotherapy)
  • Re: Millions attending NObamas Coronation Lie: Thousands of Rooms not rented
    ... Are you trying to convince us that President-elect Obama is not ... 15,000 hotel rooms around DC which has " Millions of people coming "? ... Then the Washington Monument appeared in the distance. ... Inauguration fever broke out across the Washington region yesterday as ...
    (alt.politics.bush)
  • Re: Surburb hotel in North Washington DC but near Metrorail
    ... We are looking for a hotel for a few nights on or near the I-95 north ... of Washington DC which allows for easy access (ideally by metrorail) to ... We plan to drive to Washington DC from the New Jersey ...
    (rec.travel.usa-canada)
  • Re: Surburb hotel in North Washington DC but near Metrorail
    ... of Washington DC which allows for easy access (ideally by metrorail) to ... We plan to drive to Washington DC from the New Jersey ... I basically has the same requirement as you, something in the north Washington area, that was close to a Metrorail station. ... It was an adequate hotel. ...
    (rec.travel.usa-canada)
  • Re: Democrat WhoreMaster NY Gov. Spitzer Liked Kristen a LOT!
    ... Washington, D.C., on the night of Feb. 13 and to go to the Mayflower ... The hotel room was ... The "another person's name" is George Fox, a friend of spitzer's and a ... Oh, sorry, guys like spitzer are nobody's friends. ...
    (alt.politics)