Re: Colgate Devours Tom's of Maine
- From: "Alice, SWMBO" <nospam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2006 07:02:46 -0700
"Bob" <Bob342055-nospam@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
<weltanscha@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in messagenews:1143326075.595541.9170@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Which particular chemicals that are in Colgate regular toothpaste and
not in Tom's do you fear having in contact with your mouth for a few
minutes per day, and why?
Regular Colgate toothpaste contains no fewer than three
known carcinogenic ingredients, one of which (sodium lauryl
sulfate) is _highly_ carcinogenic. The only reason manufacturers
are allowed to use it in shampoos, liquid soaps, toothpastes etc
is because it's not (supposed to be) ingested directly -- it's just
absorbed through the scalp, skin and mouth tissues!
Active Ingredients: Sodium Monofluorophosphate 0.15% w/v Flouride Ion
Inactive Ingredients: Calcium Carbonate, Water, Glycerin, Xylitol, Sodium
Lauryl Sulfate (Derived from coconut oil), Carrageenan (Chondrus cripus),
Spearmint Leaf Oil (Mentha viridis), Peppermint Oils (Mentha piperita)
- Prev by Date: Re: How do they do it? Credit is the pitts....
- Next by Date: Re: Another Lowe's Hidden Charge
- Previous by thread: Re: Colgate Devours Tom's of Maine
- Next by thread: Re: Colgate Devours Tom's of Maine