Re: leaking tub???
- From: krw <krw@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2007 09:51:57 -0500
In article <1172711148.703819.77940@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
I have a two story house i noticed a wet ceiling in my garage i think
its coming from my upstairs tub???? any ideas on how to check where
its coming from? i also took off the on/off knob and plate i can see
some of the pipes the are dusty so i don't think its coming from the
shower i took off the overflow cap and the pipe behind it has a gray
rubber like seal which is not evenly around the hole the pipe is also
slightly mobile.any one with a hint on how to check each thing out...
i do need to re-caulk this tub it 4years old which could be my whole
problem but not i dont want to seal it up then wait to see if my
ceiling falls through?
I cut a hole in the bedroom downstairs. The sheetrock was damaged,
so it didn't take too much courage.
At first I couldn't find a leak but when my wife took a shower I
saw water coming over the tub rim (couldn't see above that). I
assumed it was the caulk or grout so I ripped it all out and redid
it. After that was all done (a *lot* of work) I had the wife take
another shower. It turns out the original problem was the drain.
For one thing, the gasket was on the wrong side of the tub. :-(
- leaking tub???
- From: partyof05
- leaking tub???
- Prev by Date: Re: Advice on carbon monoxide detector for home use?
- Next by Date: Re: Advice on carbon monoxide detector for home use?
- Previous by thread: Re: leaking tub???
- Next by thread: Ameren offers customer credits as state House grilling goes late into night (Herald & Review)