Re: Is the new Landlord responsible for the terms of lease when s/he buys a leased property?

"D. Gerasimatos" <dim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
In article <fJAng.28741$VE1.12015@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
mrsgator88 <nomospam@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Many municipalities have their own laws that govern a residential tenenacy
with a lease, so state law may be irrelevant.

Local law cannot supercede state law, though.

Dimitri

I am somewhat familiar with Chicago residential leases. Chicago has
specific laws for residential leases. New York City does as well (remember
"rent control"). Probably these laws cover things that are not addressed by
state law. I think its very typical for a "big city" to have such laws.

  • Re: NSA,Windows, etc.
    ... >> The USA leases the base from Cuba. ... > country X just needs to lease a certain piece of land from ... > of mass destruction weapons, ... certainly subject to laws. ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: ACLU agenda revealed
    ... In many cases the "laws passed by our elected officials" are abusive ... Is that an ACLU 'success story' to you? ... that the Constitution requires. ... or pass a state law defining a more restrictive use of it.... ...
    (soc.retirement)
  • SD Countys suit over pot laws to proceed
    ... San Diego County's lawsuit against state medical marijuana laws will be ... The county Board of Supervisors voted late last year to sue the state ... implementing the state law that requires the identification cards and a ...
    (alt.support.chronic-pain)
  • Re: OT ~ Real Change: Declaration of Conservative Independence
    ... Florida's own issue was wrong since it was a State law issue. ... If you are referring tot he 2000 presidential election, its been a long time since I read the decision, but as I remember it, what the SCOTUS ruled was that the state of Florida had to follow its own laws, meaning that there could be no new recount. ... Since there has never been a fetus that has turned into something other than a person, a decision has to be made regarding what point that fetus becomes a person. ... Another good argument could be made for using the same criteria as death - that is presence of brain waves - if absence of brain waves is proof of death, ...
    (rec.outdoors.rv-travel)
  • Re: If youre driving in Florida
    ... in this case specifically the laws requiring ... traffic to change lanes around emergency vehicles but in the broader ... sense all such differences between jurisdictions. ... The signs at the NC state line say "State law - move over ...
    (rec.outdoors.rv-travel)