Re: Is the new Landlord responsible for the terms of lease when s/he buys a leased property?

"D. Gerasimatos" <dim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
In article <fJAng.28741$VE1.12015@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
mrsgator88 <nomospam@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Many municipalities have their own laws that govern a residential tenenacy
with a lease, so state law may be irrelevant.

Local law cannot supercede state law, though.

Dimitri

I am somewhat familiar with Chicago residential leases. Chicago has
specific laws for residential leases. New York City does as well (remember
"rent control"). Probably these laws cover things that are not addressed by
state law. I think its very typical for a "big city" to have such laws.