Re: Can you fold a king mattress in half?

cmay wrote:
<snip>

> Also, in the case that we simply can't get our mattress up there, does
> anyone have any suggestions? I guess we could push 2 twins together,
> and someone else suggested a foam type mattress that you could smush
> and squish around a tight corner w/o wrecking anything.

What's the hitch on getting the box springs up the stairs? Even the
box spring for a California King is not that big, just four inches
longer than a regular king. Is there a bannister, hand rail, etc. that
can be removed temporarily? I had to do this for our recent move.

If it still does not seem feasible, you could also contact the previous
owner and find out what size bed they had and if they had to take any
special measures to get it up and down the stairs. I don't expect you
will be able to fold the mattress in half, but may be able to tie it
into a more manageable U or O shape with some rope.

  • Re: Can you fold a king mattress in half?
    ... > My wife and I recently bought a new house, ... > twin box springs) up and around the stairs. ... > that isn't the big problem, it is the mattress. ...
    (misc.consumers.house)
  • Re: Boo! its the weekend...
    ... stairs, we should probably try to make the cellar habitable - or at ... least a reasonable storage space for archives - and place an old ... Mattress" ...
    (uk.education.staffroom)
  • Can you fold a king mattress in half?
    ... My wife and I recently bought a new house, ... king in the same room. ... When it came to move in day we couldn't even get the box springs (2 ... getting the king mattress up them provides a problem. ...
    (misc.consumers.house)
  • Re: Mattress frames
    ... the springs that came with it are very much like a regular set of bed ... cold winter night, I miss it just a tiny bit. ... you can always go back and modify it later- you won't hurt the mattress with a month of solid-surface use. ... I can tell the difference between standard mattress on box springs, and mattress on plywood. ...
    (alt.home.repair)
  • Re: Our Mattress...
    ... It seems they have more springs to each base because they've used smaller ... Having it all in one with the mattress I ... That sounds really good Pam - I do get a bit fed up with the bottom sheet ... I used to have a Sealy mattress years ...
    (uk.people.silversurfers)