Re: Pulsating water from faucets

John Smith wrote:
Thanks, Jim. Where would I find it (the pressure reducing value)? Would it be outside somewhere near the shutoff valve?

Incidentally, I did pay more attention the last time, and it's definitely only the _cold_ water that pulsates.

P.S. Happy Thanksgiving!

Hmmmmmm. If it were related to the PRV, I would expect both Hot and Cold to be affected. The PRV would normally be near where the service comes in to the house, or by the meter.

If the faucet mainly affected is a kitchen one which has
a spray wand, then the "diverter" valve (part of the faucet)
is a candidate.

If *all* faucets are affected, possible it is pressure
buildup in the water heater from expansion during heating.
The pressure will bleed off the first time water is used
after a heating cycle.
Jim