Re: hdiutil for windows?

xasse <xastor@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The reason I'm asking is because I'd like to add a mac build to the
build-process of our java-based product. I have figured out everything,
except the .dmg packaging. I'd like to do all of this using windows (to
be able to do it in one run).

Actually I don't know if there is some implementation. However dmg is
not the only way to package for the MacOS.

If the result of your application is a .app (and you *can* do this for a
Java application -- NetBeans is packaged this way, for example --, but I
don't know if there are tools for this on Windows), you can zip it. No
Mac user will complain.

In fact a .dmg is just a disc immage. You probably can use zip without
causing problems.

However, this is an Italian group.

--
blog: http://www.akropolix.net/rik0/blogs | Uccidete i filosofi,
site: http://www.akropolix.net/rik0/ | tenetevi riso e

  • DMG
    ... file extension dmg ... how do i burn dmg file ... convert dmg mac iso windows file ...
    (rec.scouting.misc)
  • Re: Encrypt AND self-extract
    ... I mean you made an assertion without any support for it. ... Ok, well, Mac users know about DMG, you don't Sorry. ... is not true for DMG files as it is for Zip files. ... same features as Zip files on Windows XP? ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: Encrypt AND self-extract
    ... What false statement? ... There are also tools to open DMG files on ... same features as Zip files on Windows XP? ... ful support for ZIP and no support for DMG (or any other format, ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: hdiutil for windows?
    ... except the .dmg packaging. ... not the only way to package for the MacOS. ... don't know if there are tools for this on Windows), ... application bundle system. ...
    (it.comp.macintosh)
  • Re: An easy QuickTime plug-in setup question,
    ... The DMG format is for Apple Macintosh computers. ... You can get the Xvid for the Windows version here ... Singapore Web Hosting ... a dmg file type, but I can't figure out what to do with it. ...