GNU xorriso 0.5.0 released
- From: "Thomas Schmitt" <scdbackup@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 15:03:09 +0100
be invited to try the release 0.5.0 of GNU xorriso,
a ISO 9660 Rock Ridge filesystem manipulator.
Available on GNU FTP mirrors as
It creates, loads, manipulates and writes ISO 9660
filesystem images with Rock Ridge extensions. Optionally
it supports hard links, ACLs, xattr, and MD5 checksums.
xorriso can load the management information of existing
ISO images and it writes the session results to optical
media or to filesystem objects.
Vice versa xorriso is able to copy file objects from
ISO 9660 filesystems to disk.
A special property of xorriso is that it needs neither
an external ISO 9660 formatter program nor an external
burn program for CD, DVD or BD but rather incorporates
the libraries of libburnia-project.org .
This is the first release of GNU xorriso.
The project existed since march 2008 as xorriso standalone
version under GPLv2. See
It has now been transformed into a GNU project. Source
code and support are provided by libburnia-project.org.
- GNU/Linux: kernel 2.4 or 2.6, libc, libpthread
- FreeBSD : libc, libpthread, libiconv, IDE and SATA drives need atapicam
- on other X/Open systems there will be no direct operation of
CD/DVD/BD drives, but only POSIX i/o which may or may not
be offered by the system for DVD-RAM, DVD+RW, or BD-RE.
libreadline + libreadline-development
zlib + zlib-development
on GNU/Linux: libacl + libacl-development
If they were present at compile time, then the optional libraries have to
be present at runtime, too.
For more info, see http://www.gnu.org/software/xorriso/xorriso_eng.html
http://www.gnu.org/software/xorriso is mirrored at
scdbackup.sourceforge.net and scdbackup.webframe.org .
The xorriso release tarball is available at mirrors of
(see GNU FTP Mirror List http://www.gnu.org/prep/ftp.html )
Post bug reports or requests to one of these mailing lists:
or directly to me:
Have a nice day :)
- Prev by Date: AUCTeX 11.86 released
- Next by Date: GNU Archimedes version 0.9.1 is online!
- Previous by thread: AUCTeX 11.86 released
- Next by thread: GNU Archimedes version 0.9.1 is online!