GNU a2ps 4.14 Released
- From: Masayuki Hatta <mhatta@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2007 12:04:22 +0800
I am pleased to announce that GNU a2ps 4.14 has been finally released
today, after almost 5-years hiatus. It is available for download in
the GNU ftp site, ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/a2ps. This release contains
rather important security/licensing problem fixes, so I urge you to
update your GNU a2ps ASAP.
Changes in this version (from NEWS):
Version 4.14 Dec 29, 2007
* New Maintainer (that's me ;-).
* No UTF-8 support yet ;-< Basically this is a maintenance release.
- Now GNU a2ps is licensed under GPLv3 or later.
- Removed or replaced non-free/license-wise vague files (see
ChangeLog for detail.)
- Now can be built with the modern GNU Autotools.
- Now can be built with gcc 3.4 or later.
* Predefined delegations:
- Add html2ps delegation if netscape don't run.
- Now the configure script check if netscape support remote-command.
- Now works with modern GV(PostScript and PDF viewer). Tested with
- Better description on the default output and the -d option.
* Bug Fixes:
- `input buffer overflow, can't enlarge buffer because scanner uses REJECT'
This should no longer happen.
- Now works on IA64, PowerPC and AMD64.
- Fixed wrong default values for deskjet printers.
- Quote arguments to file(1).
- Fixed several security issues (CVE-2004-1377).
- PS generated by a2ps is now compatible with Adobe Distiller for Mac OS X.
* Style sheets:
- specc.ssh, thanks to Hideaki Yokota
- csharp.ssh, thanks to Karen Christenson
- nasm.ssh & pic16f84.ssh, thanks to Aleksandar Veselinovic
- small.ssh, thanks Christophe Continente
- matlab4.ssh & matlab.ssh, thanks to Joakim Lubeck
- stratego.ssh, thanks to Nicolas Tisserand
- rd.ssh, s.ssh and st.ssh, thanks to Torsten Hothorn et.al.
- ruby.ssh, thanks to Noritsugu Nakamura.
- php.ssh, thanks to Hartmut Holzgraefe
- udiff.ssh: Improved highlighting for diffs.
- perl.ssh: Improved.
- Some rules of sheets.map are improved
- pdiff: Now pdiff can accept standard input.
- Added diffcolor.pro for diffs
- Japanese translation thanks to Yasuyuki Furukawa.
- Revised Dutch translation, thanks to Benno Schlenberg.
- Revised French translation.
* Many other fixes, but the log is rather spotty ;-<
* Part of works done at the Codefest Asia 2007 in ITB Bandung, Indonesia.
Enjoy, and happy hacking!
Masayuki Hatta (mhatta@xxxxxxx)
The current GNU a2ps maintainer
Graduate School of Economics, The University of Tokyo
Description: PGP signature