Editing K menu
- From: Jim Showalter <jim_showalter@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 08 Jul 2006 00:08:45 GMT
When installing Windows software under wine, I was pleased to find
that selecting the "Show in start menu" option worked. All the
programs I installed were indeed listed in the K Menu under "wine".
I uninstalled one of the progams but found it was still listed in
K Menu. So I went into the menu editor and deleted it. This caused
the entire "wine" menu list to disappear allthough I could still see
it in the menu editor.
I tried a few different things with no success. So I uninstalled
all the software I had installed with wine, removed those menu items
and started over.
But afterwards the situation is unchanged. The menu editor still
shows 'wine' - with no sub-entries, but 'wine' doesn't show in the
menu at all.
I'm afraid to experiment - I don't want to lose any more menu entries.
Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong?
SPECS: KDE Release 3.5.1 Level "A", OpenSUSE 10.1, kernel 2.6.16.
- Prev by Date: Re: CUPS nightmare #3
- Next by Date: What service for application/octet-stream
- Previous by thread: Re: CUPS nightmare #3
- Next by thread: What service for application/octet-stream