Re: KDE - Backspace not working
- From: Ed <Edward.Hinkly@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2005 21:43:41 GMT
John Scudder wrote:
> ed wrote:
>> I am having a problem with the backspace key not working in KDS V3.3
>> on a Slackware 10 installation. In all KDE applications and terminal
>> windows the back space moves to left and deletes the character but
>> when I enter another character the letter 'q' is inserted before that
>> I'm a relatively new Linux user but I have tried some things that I
>> found on the web, including creating a .Xmodmap file containing
>> 'keymode 22 = BackSpace' in the /etc/X11/xinit/ directory .
>> Any idea how I can solve this?
> The same problem happened to me except it was the " (quote) key. I used
> the shotgun method to solve it. I renamed the .kde folder in my home
> directory to .kdebak. After I restarted kde a new .kde folder was
> automatically created and all keys worked. Of course doing this will
> reset all your kde preferences, you might want to search in the
> .kde/share/config folder and be a little more selective in your
> renaming. For me it didn't matter and I took the easy path.
Thanks John, that seemed to do the trick!
- Prev by Date: Re: KDE - Backspace not working
- Next by Date: input/output error kde 3.4
- Previous by thread: Re: KDE - Backspace not working
- Next by thread: Is bookmark editor supposed to update konqu toolbar?