Apache FOP: generating valid xml:fo
- From: lorna.mitchell@xxxxxxxxx
- Date: 11 May 2006 01:59:34 -0700
I hope I'm not repeating a question or missing any good resources but I
really can't figure out the best way to progress with my problem. We'd
like to use apache fop to generate documents in both PDF and PCL format
- our email system will only take PDF and the fax system only PCL,
Apache FOP is spot on for this. However it is choking on whatever I
feed it, I think because not all the tags have been implemented.
Can anyone recommend me a good way of feeding a document in to FOP
other than by crafting the xml:fo myself in a text editor? We might
need "normal" people to make documents to go through this process, and
we will need tables. I've seen some XSLT for XHTML to xml:fo but of
course they don't take account of the fact that not all of the xml:fo
standard has been implemented.
Suggestions, pointers, and any other snippets or ideas would be most
welcome - and if I should be writing this xml file myself, then tell me
and I'll get started!
- Prev by Date: Re: Inserting XML into a webpage.
- Next by Date: Re: Inserting XML into a webpage.
- Previous by thread: Inserting XML into a webpage.
- Next by thread: Re: Apache FOP: generating valid xml:fo