tablet + dropbox

Hello,

I'm thinking of purchasing a tablet, mostly for travel. Given that the latex options for tablets aren't especially attractive and it would be convenient to have the same latex file work both on my computers and on the tablet I was thinking of doing the following.

Edit the latex file on the tablet and save it in a dropbox folder, which is then automatically processed on one of my computers using a cron script.

Other than the time delay and the requirement to have a working internet connection are there any obstacles I should be aware of?

Thanks!

J.

  • Re: TeX for Android
    ... PF> example) a Galaxy Note. ... I did this on a tablet (Transformer TF101, ... I got a special dispensation to compile The TeX book for benchmarking) ... the paper itself (three runs of LaTeX and a BibTeX run) takes 13.3 ...
    (comp.text.tex)
  • Re: tablet + dropbox
    ... I'm thinking of purchasing a tablet, ... convenient to have the same latex file work both on my computers and on ... is then automatically processed on one of my computers using a cron script. ... I solved this a long while ago by switching to using a pen slate as my ...
    (comp.text.tex)
  • Re: LaTeX and Tablet PCs
    ... The math department where I teach has recently offered me a Tablet PC ... special features of Tablet PCs while still being able to produce ... If not with LaTeX, what do you suggest? ... what exactly did you have in mind as "special features of Tablet PCs"? ...
    (comp.text.tex)
  • Re: LaTeX and Tablet PCs
    ... The math department where I teach has recently offered me a Tablet PC ... material with LaTeX? ... There's also an equation editor in the Tablet PC Plus Pack available ...
    (comp.text.tex)
  • Re: How does a person get to think this way?
    ... So to them you need an iPad because it's a fad. ... their steady loss of market share to Android OS. ... Or if you consider the other tablet computers that had already been ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)