MikTex | mkluafontbd not working...

Using MikTeX under Win 7. Installed a couple of public OpenType fonts. Tried compiling a document with LuaLaTeX, using the newly installed font. I checked and the font is indeed installed in

C:\Program Files (x86)\MiKTeX 2.9\fonts\opentype\public\asana-math

I looked at otfl-names.lua, and sure enough, the font isn't included (which, of course, is why lualatex wasn't finding it).

So, I went command line (administrator mode), and ran

mkluatexfontdb -f -vvv

Piped the output to a file. Looked at the file, and found the following:

luaotfload | 0 fonts found in 'C:/Program Files (x86)/MiKTeX 2.9/fonts/opentype/public'
luaotfload | scanning 'C:/Program Files (x86)/MiKTeX 2.9/fonts/opentype/public/asana-math'
luaotfload | 0 'otf' fonts found
luaotfload | 0 'OTF' fonts found
luaotfload | 0 'ttf' fonts found
luaotfload | 0 'TTF' fonts found
luaotfload | 0 'ttc' fonts found
luaotfload | 0 'TTC' fonts found
luaotfload | 0 'dfont' fonts found
luaotfload | 0 'DFONT' fonts found
luaotfload | 0 fonts found in 'C:/Program Files (x86)/MiKTeX 2.9/fonts/opentype/public/asana-math'

So, even though there is an otf font in /public/asana-math (Asana-Math.otf), mkluatexfontdb isn't finding it. In fact, I noticed it isn't reading in *any* of the fonts in C:/Program Files (x86)/MiKTeX 2.9/fonts/opentype/public/' (not just Asana-Math).

I have no idea why this is happening. Any suggestions as to what to try? Of course, the brute force solution (which works, but still...) is to throw the font into C:\windows\fonts

But I'd really like to know what mkluatexfontdb isn' working for fonts installed into the local tex root, even though it seems to be finding the subdirs which contain the fonts.
.