Tucking citation into the last line of quotation

I would like to automate the following format of the quotation environment:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxx (Smith, 1992, p.5)

where the last line of the text is short enough to allow space for the
citation to be tucked into the last line, flush right. Where the last
line is too long, the citation should appear on the next line, flush right:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(Smith, 1992, p.5)

[You will need to be using a monospace font to see what I typed.]

This is similar to the plain TeX format Don uses on p.393 of the TeX
Book, and I'm sure I have seen it implemented in LaTeX, but I can't find
it anywhere, and I'm probably using the wrong search terms in the FAQ
and Google. Does anyone know where/if it has been implemented?

///Peter

  • Re: Tucking citation into the last line of quotation
    ... (Smith, 1992, p.5) ... citation to be tucked into the last line, flush right. ... This is similar to the plain TeX format Don uses on p.393 of the TeX ...
    (comp.text.tex)
  • Re: Tucking citation into the last line of quotation
    ... (Smith, 1992, p.5) ... citation to be tucked into the last line, flush right. ... This is similar to the plain TeX format Don uses on p.393 of the TeX ...
    (comp.text.tex)
  • re: Formatting citations in a bibliography
    ... Word and HTML, there may be no good answer. ... format in the ... >header and also at the individual entries. ... >..Citation format creates a hanging indent for the entire ...
    (microsoft.public.frontpage.client)
  • Formatting citations in a bibliography
    ... citations in bibiographies transfered into HTML from Word format. ... entries and paste under the appropriate headings on the web page. ... .Citation format creates a hanging indent for the entire section rather ...
    (microsoft.public.frontpage.client)
  • Re: Citation Format for Word 2007
    ... I'm assuming you're referring to the Citation field in the document text rather than the Bibliography formatting in this case? ... So, following your suggestion, I went to what I would assume to be a good source for the Chicago style sheet, the online Chicago ... The Chicago citation and bibliography format for Word 2007 is wrong. ...