revisiting magaz

When I tried to use Donald Arseneau's magaz.sty (% magaz.sty Ver 0.2 04-Sep-2003 "Magazine style") on a quotation, it failed.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% begin mwe %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{magaz}
\begin{document}
\FirstLine{Every art, and every science reduced to a teachable form,
and in like manner every action and moral choice, aims,} it is
thought, at some good: for which reason a common and by no means a
bad description of the Chief Good is, ``that which all things aim
at.''

\begin{quotation}\FirstLine{Every art, and every science reduced to
a teachable form, and in like manner every action and moral choice,
aims,} it is thought, at some good: for which reason a common and by
no means a bad description of the Chief Good is, ``that which all
things aim at.''
\end{quotation}

(Opening lines of Aristotle's \emph{Ethics}, translated by
J.\,A.~Smith)
\end{document}
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% end mwe %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

The problem is not simply that the second line of the typeset quotation is misset, it is also that the first the first word (`segment', per the package file) after the emphasized text is lost.

I have found that the following change addresses these issues in all text variations that I have tested, but my testing scope is quite limited and I do not know if there are other side effects of my change, or if there are more efficient changes that might be made to allow the package to function as one would expect in such environments.

78c78
< \advance\@tempcnta\@ne % number of segs in 1st line plus 1
---
\ifnum\textwidth=\linewidth\advance\@tempcnta\@ne\fi % number of segs in 1st line plu
s 1

Any comments or suggestions on improvement of the code are welcomed.
--
Rik
.