Re: Miktex 2.8 xetex pstricks issue

Am Thu, 18 Mar 2010 12:52:33 +0100 schrieb Herbert Voss:

Am 18.03.2010 12:27, schrieb Sebastian Szwarc:
Hi,
I cannot use xetex and pstricks on miktex 2.8 with texworks as well as
in TL2009 on macbookpro.

I got:
! I can't find file `xdvipdfmx.cfg'.
l.6 \input xdvipdfmx.cfg

I suppose it is missing in MiKTeX and TeXLive, too. You can get it
from CTAN
http://mirror.ctan.org/graphics/pstricks/base/config/xdvipdfmx.cfg

save it in the directory of "kpsewhich pstricks.con" and
update the filename data base

I already made a miktex bug report about the missing file some days
ago.

But I wondered a bit: Why did you choose the extension .cfg, why not
xdvipdfmx.con? cfg is an extension used by a lot of packages and
binaries for configurations.

--
Ulrike Fischer

  • Re: input and file with points in the name
    ... In Miktex 2.5 you get an error message about test.intro not found. ... In most installations of TeX, ... if no extension is given explicitly. ... correct upper- and lowercasing of the letters of a filename. ...
    (comp.text.tex)
  • Re: input and file with points in the name
    ... In Miktex 2.5 you get an error message about test.intro not found. ... Or is 2.5 buggy? ... so the extension isn't added everytime. ... The question is if TeX should make a second try with the ...
    (comp.text.tex)