Re: "Package keyval error" in loading figure to LaTeX document.

kkirtac <kadir.kirtac@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi, i have mikTeX 2.7 installed and am using WinEdt for editing. I
created my figure in matlab and saved as 'fig1.eps' and moved it to
the same directory with my .tex document. I try to load it in my .tex
document by,

\begin{figure}
\includegraphics[width=3in,keepaspectratio]{fig1.eps}\\
\caption{dummy} \label{fig1}
\end{figure}

i compile it with latex command but always receive the error :
'Package keyval error: width=3in undefined.' I have both included
graphics, graphicx and epsfig packages..need help, thanks in advance..

A minimal example would be helpful, probably the catcode of `=' is
different than the usual catcode 12/other.
For example, some languages use `=' as shorthand in babel
(turkish, ...). Then the equal sign has catcode 13/active.
This can be solved by using \shorthandoff:

\shorthandoff{=}
\includegraphics[width=3in,keepaspectration]{fig1.eps}
\shorthandon{=}

Or the key value parser of package `kvsetkeys' can be used:

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage[turkish]{babel}
\usepackage{graphicx}
\usepackage{kvsetkeys}
\let\setkeys\kvsetkeys

\begin{document}
\section{Hello World}
\begin{figure}
\includegraphics[width=3in,keepaspectratio]{s1.png}
\caption{dummy}\label{fig1}
\end{figure}
\end{document}

Yours sincerely
Heiko <oberdiek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

  • "Package keyval error" in loading figure to LaTeX document.
    ... created my figure in matlab and saved as 'fig1.eps' and moved it to ... the same directory with my .tex document. ... 'Package keyval error: width=3in undefined.' ... graphics, graphicx and epsfig packages..need help, thanks in advance.. ...
    (comp.text.tex)
  • MuPAD graphics question.
    ... In MuPAD 3.0, Win XP, I create the simple test graphic ... ... Then I export it as an eps file and include it in a TEX document using ... I have a lot of graphics to produce ...
    (sci.math.symbolic)
  • Re: using PSTricks
    ... documentaclass articles.. ... If I want to include this output as pictures ... in my Tex document.. ...
    (comp.text.tex)