Re: problem with nomencl

On Mar 17, 8:38 pm, pieterpo...@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hello,

I would like to use the nomencl package. But I'm not able te get it
working.
Even the simple example from the nomencl manual:

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{nomencl}
\makenomenclature
\begin{document}
\section*{Main equations}
\begin{equation}
a=\frac{N}{A}
\end{equation}%
\nomenclature{$a$}{The number of angels per unit area}%
\nomenclature{$N$}{The number of angels per needle point}%
\nomenclature{$A$}{The area of the needle point}%
The equation $\sigma = m a$%
\nomenclature{$\sigma$}{The total mass of angels per unit area}%
\nomenclature{$m$}{The mass of one angel}
follows easily.
\printnomenclature
\end{document}

Shows no nomenclature in my output PDF. Only the formulas appear in
the PDF.

Probably I'm doing something terrible easy wrong, but I'm not able to
find it.
Does someone have any idea what is going wrong?

Thanks a lot!

Pieter

I suspect you are missing out the makeindex step. With write18
enabled, you can make this happen automatically

\immediate\write18{makeindex \jobname.nlo -s nomencl.ist -o
\jobname.nls}

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{nomencl}
\makenomenclature
\begin{document}
\section*{Main equations}
\begin{equation}
a=\frac{N}{A}
\end{equation}%
\nomenclature{$a$}{The number of angels per unit area}%
\nomenclature{$N$}{The number of angels per needle point}%
\nomenclature{$A$}{The area of the needle point}%
The equation $\sigma = m a$%
\nomenclature{$\sigma$}{The total mass of angels per unit area}%
\nomenclature{$m$}{The mass of one angel}
follows easily.
\printnomenclature
\end{document}

Or of course run it yourself. On my system (MikTeX) the "do
everything" script texify doesn't pick this up. I don't know about
the other "latex + ... " systems.

Joseph Wright
.