Re: How to change "References" to "Bibliography"

Robin Fairbairns wrote:
Lars Madsen <daleif@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
Does any one know why the article class uses \refname and, say, book, used \bibname?

hysterical raisins[*]. it was done that way when this mechanism was
introduced into latex 2.09 in ca.1992, and no-one complained then so
it's remained that way ever since, for compatibility purposes.

if one was starting again...

[*] aka historical reasons; it occurs to me this joke may not be
common away from my environment.

no problem, here.

I added a list of all the standard names controlled by babel and mentioned that there is a difference between article and book-like classes.

I was just woundering

--

/daleif (remove RTFSIGNATURE from email address)

LaTeX FAQ: http://www.tex.ac.uk/faq
LaTeX book: http://www.imf.au.dk/system/latex/bog/ (in Danish)
Remember to post minimal examples, see URL below
http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=minxampl

  • Re: General encoding question
    ... Robin Fairbairns writes: ... encoding, when `\'e' is correctly interpreted, no matter the encoding. ... if latex is reading using the correct inputenc, ... keyboards tend to have keys for the characters of the local language. ...
    (comp.text.tex)
  • Re: varioref, colons and french
    ... you're supposed to be able to read all the replies at the trouble ticket ... i've sent a message to the latex team asking about the bugs web script, ... Robin Fairbairns, Cambridge ...
    (comp.text.tex)
  • Re: Help
    ... Robin Fairbairns wrote: ... intro texts on latex -- if they mention the topic at all, ... you about packages for this job. ... until he/she is more fluent with what latex can do. ...
    (comp.text.tex)
  • Re: Get the first letter of a word
    ... letters, I guess LaTeX too... ... a curious beast (a macro processor with a built-in typesetting ... Robin Fairbairns, Cambridge ... It is my first "big" redefinition since I work with LaTeX and I was pretty ...
    (comp.text.tex)
  • Re: hyperref, subfig and natbib with sort&compress
    ... Robin Fairbairns wrote: ... I can compile it with latex with any problem, but using pdflatex, I receive warning/error: ... you're probably using an extended pdftex, ...
    (comp.text.tex)