Re: Beamer: why itemization is not working

On May 22, 7:45 pm, Werner <wgrundli...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Remember that compiling directly to PDF (via pdflatex, for example),
requires all images to be in PDF as well. I'm sure that your problem
arises with the file 'dyn' only being available in PS/EPS format.
Therefore, use 'epstopdf' to convert this image to PDF format and it
should work fine through pdflatex. Also see
http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=pdftexgraphics
http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=dvipdfmgraphics

Werner

This is not necessarily the case if the user has ghostscript (or
Acrobat) installed and dvipdfm properly set up. For instance, in the
dvipdfm config file distributed with TeXlive 2007 you will find the
lines (there should be a unique line beginning with "D"):

% Distiller config. Uses ghostscript and works on compressed and
% uncompressed files.
D "zcat -f %i | gs -q -sPAPERSIZE=a0 -sDEVICE=pdfwrite -
dCompatibilityLevel=1.2 -dUseFlateCompression=true -dSAFER -
sOutputFile=%o - -c quit"

This will cause dvipdfm to accept the eps file (maybe you might have
to add something like "\DeclareGraphicsExtensions{.eps}"). The same
happens with dvipdfmx. For win32 I think you have to change the
ghostscript name, and I don't know if pipes work.

Gual

.