Re: Beamer: why itemization is not working

On May 22, 7:45 pm, Werner <wgrundli...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Remember that compiling directly to PDF (via pdflatex, for example),
requires all images to be in PDF as well. I'm sure that your problem
arises with the file 'dyn' only being available in PS/EPS format.
Therefore, use 'epstopdf' to convert this image to PDF format and it
should work fine through pdflatex. Also see
http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=pdftexgraphics
http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=dvipdfmgraphics

Werner

This is not necessarily the case if the user has ghostscript (or
Acrobat) installed and dvipdfm properly set up. For instance, in the
dvipdfm config file distributed with TeXlive 2007 you will find the
lines (there should be a unique line beginning with "D"):

% Distiller config. Uses ghostscript and works on compressed and
% uncompressed files.
D "zcat -f %i | gs -q -sPAPERSIZE=a0 -sDEVICE=pdfwrite -
dCompatibilityLevel=1.2 -dUseFlateCompression=true -dSAFER -
sOutputFile=%o - -c quit"

This will cause dvipdfm to accept the eps file (maybe you might have
to add something like "\DeclareGraphicsExtensions{.eps}"). The same
happens with dvipdfmx. For win32 I think you have to change the
ghostscript name, and I don't know if pipes work.

Gual

  • Re: epstopdf vs. dvipdfm: surprising bbox problem/bug
    ... The original epstopdf moves the figure to the origin, ... How does dvipdfm get its bounding box after EPS -> PDF conversion? ...
    (comp.text.tex)
  • Re: Damn you, FEDEX! or Nikon D40 lost in Springfield, MO blackhole.
    ... the 2 mp Mavica he had been using with a Nikon D40. ... After shopping around, he got me to order one for him. ... The shipper had it insured, but from what I have read it could take weeks to sort this crap out. ... You may get your insurance from FedEx and a couple weeks later they find it and deliver it. ...
    (alt.photography)
  • Re: Problem converting dvi to pdf using dvipdf
    ... You really need a newer version of ghostscript to make a reasonable ... dvipdfm uses ghostscript to convert figures to pdf. ... To the best of my knowledge, every open-source ps to pdf conversion is ...
    (comp.text.tex)
  • Re: dvipdfm
    ... I use dvipdfm to translate a dvi figure to pdf. ... option shall I use to embbed the font in the pdf file? ... Comment: Using GnuPG with Fedora - http://enigmail.mozdev.org ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: dvipdfm bug? (redux)
    ... >> in a document using dvipdfm. ... Version of PDF file is newer than version limit specification. ... I find this quite strange since converting the file directly with ... epstopdf gives a PDF version 1.3 file. ...
    (comp.text.tex)