Re: Where Is the beamer.cls file for WinEdt to Work?

On Apr 30, 5:15 am, maria <maria@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, 30 Apr 2007 00:04:53 -0400, maria <maria@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

When I try PDFLaTeX with WinEdt, the program tells me that
the required file

tex\latex\beamer\base\beamer.cls

is missing. Where, in the name of God, is this file for WinEdt to find
it? It cannot find it in the corresponding MikTex 2.5 directory and it
cannot find it in the corresponding WinEdt firectory. Where exactly is
it looking for it?
When I then try to install the beamer package from the Internet, I get
the message that "RETR failed". The program could not retrieve the
files from beamer.cab. I tries 6 different FTP places. No way!
Please help. Thank you very much.

maria

I forgot to add that I am using Windows XP.
Sorry ...

maria

MikTeX can be a bit on-and-off with installing packages. You could
always download it yourself from CTAN, make the appropriate folders
and run "Refresh filename database" in MikTeX to make everything
work. But you will miss out on the ability to update automatically.

Personally, I'd be a little patient and waqit until MikTeX will
install the package successfully. It will probably only be a few
hours wait.

Joseph Wright

  • Re: STIX LaTex Fonts
    ... then as a MiKTex installable package. ... I have not seen any info on how to install them on MiKTex other ... uploads a copy for us to install on ctan. ...
    (comp.text.tex)
  • Re: STIX LaTex Fonts
    ... that they would make their way to CTAN as a package and then as a MiKTex ... I have not seen any info on how to install them on MiKTex other than files ...
    (comp.text.tex)
  • MiKTeX - Error installing font packages
    ... I'm running Windows 7 and using MiKTeX 2.9. ... can't correctly install any font using the Package Manager. ... Trying to make PK font ec-qcrr at 600 DPI... ...
    (comp.text.tex)
  • MiKTeX and LaTeX, installing packages
    ... I'd like to install the LaTeX package "svmono" on my WinXP, ... Is there a possibility to do it with the update manager of MiKTeX? ...
    (comp.text.tex)
  • Re: Featpost
    ... how to install and use featpost package? ... RF> the miktex package installer is your friend. ... Get the respective cab file for the package from your CTAN mirror ...
    (comp.text.tex)