Re: fourier + dvips -E odd boundingbox

Lars Madsen <daleif@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On http://home.imf.au.dk/daleif/tmp/ you will find fil.tex, with the contents:

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{fourier}
[cut]
Can anyone else verify this problem, and/or explain why this happens and how we
can fix it?

Not a minimal example! :-)

I can at least replicate the behavior with

\documentclass{minimal}
\usepackage{amssymb}
\usepackage{fourier}
\begin{document}
$\mathbb{N}$
\end{document}

Compiled with pdfeTeX, Version 3.141592-1.30.4-2.2 (Web2C 7.5.5)
and transformed into eps with dvips(k) 5.95b on a Mac running
the GW distribution.

The bounding boxes are

with fourier: %%BoundingBox: -11 709 100 717
without fourier: %%BoundingBox: 91 709 102 718

If I change the $\mathbb{N}$ into $a$ the bounding boxes become
right (apart from a small difference due to the different fonts):
both have 91 709 as lower left corner. The same if I change \mathbb
into \mathbf or \mathcal.

The character N is unimportant, the same happens with A.
The dvi appears the same for both files. If I add some text before
the $\mathbb{N}$, the bounding box becomes correct.

So I guess that the Blackboard Bold characters in fourier are the
problem.

Ciao
Enrico
.