Re: about latex2e

In article <1152212566.509552.317800@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
tunga wrote:

I am a Lamer in Latex and trying to figure out what Latex2e is. I have
read most of the messages in the group regarding Latex2e.
However, it is still not very clear to me if the Latex2e package is a
collection of packages or is it a stand only, compact software?
According to this site, it is again a collection of programs:
http://www.cs.usask.ca/~wew036/latex/

Actually I have followed what this site told me to do and installed all
three programs.
But then why a sequence of installing the last versions of 3 programs
create a Latex2e version? Where can I now check that I have the Latex2e
version now?

If I am talking nonsense, then from where can I really download the
Latex2e version?

Maybe start with reading the FAQ, at
http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?introduction=yes

You need probably more than "3 programs". See
http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=TeXsystems.
For Windows the Miktex distribution can be recommended, if you use
Linux maybe something like TeTeX is already installed.

Hope that helps,

--
Maarten Bergvelt

.