Re: error starting ps2pdf

buaanupt@xxxxxxxx wrote:
I am using WinEdt + MkTex systems.

After generating ps file, I use the "ps->pdf" icon in the toolbar to
generate the pdf file. However, I got the error information "error
starting ps2pdf!" message.

Can you pls give some comments on how to fix this problem? Thank you
very much.

First try it in a Command Prompt window (if you are using something
earlier than WinXP it's a DOS box):

type in

cd c:\directory\subdirectory...

to get into the right place. Then

dvips filename (no extension needed)

when that runs type

ps2pdf filename.ps ( .ps extension needed!!)

and look at the *.pdf file . If it's ok your problem is in WinEdt
and you should address queries to the author. If it's not ok you
have problems with paths, most likely.

--
Julian V. Noble
Professor Emeritus of Physics

  • Re: error starting ps2pdf
    ... generate the pdf file. ... I got the error information "error ... WinEdt provides two versions of ps2pdf, one a .edt macro script, the other a custom ps2pdf.bat. ...
    (comp.text.tex)
  • Why ps2pdf can even fix pdf files?
    ... The above pdf file has the problem that, if I'm copy some text from it ... Acrobat) or to some text editor, ... if I run ps2pdf on it which generate a new pdf. ... I'm wondering how come ps2pdf can even fix ...
    (comp.lang.postscript)
  • error starting ps2pdf
    ... I am using WinEdt + MkTex systems. ... generate the pdf file. ... I got the error information "error ... starting ps2pdf!" ...
    (comp.text.tex)
  • Re: Saving MSP07 to MSP03
    ... I thought I offered a couple of suggestions - get on same version, use PDF file, Update to latest version. ... You are correct that those are all avoidance approaches, but I don't work for Microsoft and can't fix their problems. ... number of conversions you are doing. ... > spending more time with corrupt files than I am working. ...
    (microsoft.public.project)
  • Re: Creating a "7bit-clean" pdf
    ... It can be used with ps2pdf in this way: ... pdftk canrepairxref errors after the fact... ... I think you can try a utility called Advanced PDF Repair to repair ... your PDF file. ...
    (comp.text.pdf)