Stuck float

Dear all,

I have a question about a warning that I have been getting frequently
while compiling revtex4 documents. I usually get this kind of warning:

LaTeX Warning: A float is stuck (cannot be placed) on input line 109.

Could you please tell me what does this warning mean and what is the
way to avoid it?

Best,
Tulasi

  • Re: Accents in math operators
    ... LaTeX Warning: Command \~ invalid in math mode on input line 8. ... Perhaps you need to use the lmodern package. ... LaTeX Warning: Command \' invalid in math mode on input line 8. ...
    (comp.text.tex)
  • Re: resolve conflict: shortvrb OR fancyvrb VS footmisc
    ... LaTeX Warning: Command \@makecol has changed. ... changing the order of footmisc and fancyhdr appears to have helped. ...
    (comp.text.tex)
  • Re: resolve conflict: shortvrb OR fancyvrb VS footmisc
    ... LaTeX Warning: Command \@makecol has changed. ... Check if current package is valid. ...
    (comp.text.tex)
  • Re: Stuck float
    ... while compiling revtex4 documents. ... LaTeX Warning: A float is stuck on input line 109. ... however, it's not a latex error -- rather a revtex error, and it could ...
    (comp.text.tex)
  • Re: hyperref problems
    ... | LaTeX Warning: You have requested, on input line 97, version ... so I tried to upgrade hyperref. ... after that warning you should update keyval not hyperref! ... Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org ...
    (comp.text.tex)